Ohhh yes, it is as tasteful as it sounds. This amazing meal with certainly be worth your time, and your taste buds will experience a very unique, flavor adventure with it! To make honey spicy chicken meal you need ingredients, which nowadays are neither pricey, nor inaccessible. Just about any foodie agrees that grilled meat has the best flavor out there. Imagine how it will taste once it is enhance with honey. Honey of your choice!
That’s right! Honey spicy chicken is simply too delicious to miss out on it! Full of flavor, tender and juicy… what else can you crave for? It is mouth-watering meal for sure!
For this amazing meal you will need following ingredients:
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 2lbs (you could use breasts as well but thighs stay more moist)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- you also need 2 teaspoons granulated garlic (you can sub it with 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Cider Vinegar
The last 2 ingredients (honey and apple cider vinegar) are used for the glaze. Do not get frightened by the amount on ingredients or say that is too much for you. Of course, you can roast it with your our alternative spices to discover new amazing recipes. Share your own recipe alternations in the comment section of the article.
Instructions to make Spicy Honey Chicken
- Combine the rub spices in bowl and mix them well.
- Use kitchen shears to trim off any excess fat from the chicken pieces. Pat it dry. Drizzle oil over chicken and rub in with your hands to lightly coat all of the pieces. Then toss chicken with the spice rub to coat all sides of it well. Grill chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, warm honey so it becomes more fluid-like and not so thick. Add the vinegar to it and combine them well. Reserve 2 Tablespoons of the honey glaze for later after the chicken has cooked to pour on right before serving. Take the rest and brush on chicken (both sides) in the final moments of grilling.
- This recipe surely is quite a hot mess, for sure. Honey will drip all around. But the smelly smoke is worth it for a minute or two. Just leave your grill on for a few minutes after the chicken is done to burn off any excess glaze. It’s totally worth it once you taste this stuff.
- If you don’t have a barbeque, try it on an indoor grill pan or use your broiler. Just be sure to open a window in case you burn your glaze!
Let me know how if you liked this meal. And once again, do comment about any alternations which you made to the recipe. Also, you may check other recipes in Food and Drinks category here.
Recipe taken from the link which you can visit here. Finally, do drop from time to time to our YouTube channel to check for the latest video updates. You never know what you might find there!
Stay safe until next time!